Every January, you set new personal goals such as saving money or spending more time with family and friends, but what goals do you set for your home? As the premier Brea real estate again, I would like to share the following New Year’s goals that will have your home looking beautiful and running efficiently all year long.
Less is More
One of the fastest and most cost-efficient ways to feel better about your home is to clear it of all its clutter. Take the time and go room to room removing everything you no longer need, use or really love. Put the items that you are willing to discard in one of three piles:
- Donate to a local charity.
- Discard or throw out if it that item is no longer in working condition, is broken or just worn out.
- Items such as old electronics or used batteries need to be properly recycled and not just discarded.
A more streamlined home is a less cluttered home and gives you a far more organized living space.
Save Some Money
Want to reduce your carbon footprint and save some money while doing it? Some simple ways of reducing your home’s energy consumption include:
- Turn down your thermostat at night.
- Turn off your air conditioning unit when you leave the house.
- Turn the lights off in rooms that you are not using.
These simple tips can add up to a pile of savings over the course of a year.
Get your place entertainment ready. Nothing will get your home clean quicker than if you are preparing for guests. Why not check off two New Year’s resolutions and entertain more. Have a monthly dinner party or girl’s only party – your home will thank you. You do not need to have an expensive renovation or remodel to get your home entertainment ready. Perhaps a little rearranging and a few added touches can make a world of difference.
Try adding a few plants. A touch of green will not only make any room seem fresher, it will also clean the air. Other inexpensive room additions include:
- A new area rug to add a splash of colour, especially in rooms with lots of floor space.
- A new throw rug or pillow cases. Try to match both the throw and pillow cases with colors that are seasonal. Colors such as red and oranges are a great way to add a little warmth to your next party.
- Rearrange the furniture. This trick will cost you nothing and give any room in your house a brand new look. Try a few different arrangements to see which configuration works best for you.
These simple New Year’s goals will have your home looking in tip-top shape in no time at all. If you are interested in other great New Year’s home goals or are interested in some of the many new and exciting housing opportunities that are available in Brea, please contact me today. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Happy New Year.