Selling your home is an exciting and busy time. There are so many things to do to prepare your home for the real estate market that often some important steps are overlooked.
Missing any of these important steps can affect a potential home buyer’s first impression. That is why, I would like to offer you this checklist- to prepare your Brea home for sale.
Clean or Replace:
- Light bulbs
- Interior paint
- Light switch covers
- Doors and door knobs
Properly stage every room.
We offer this service for all the homes that are listed through us for free. A well-staged home is important for not only a quick sale, but also to get top dollar for your home.
- Clear coffee table
- Store toys, magazines, books out of sight
- Use pillows and throws to brighten up the room
- Keep furniture to a minimum
- Keep dining table clear, except for one centerpiece
- Table should have four chairs
- Remove all other chairs, dishes etc. from dining area and store out of sight
- Turn on the chandelier
- Clear all appliances and items from kitchen counters
- Clean grout and backsplash tile
- Clean stove, oven, refrigerator, microwave
- Empty garbage bag before each showing or open house
- Remove all pet food and water bowls from kitchen
- Organize pantry and remove any spilled foods
- Polish the sink
- Put away all dishes and silverware
- Make beds
- Clear off bedside dressers, nightstands etc.
- Organize closets and hang and fold clothes
- Close closet doors
- Turn on all lights, including closet lights
- Remove all wall décor other than one or two pieces of art or well-placed mirrors
- Clean surfaces including shower stalls, bath, toilet
- Replace shower curtain and keep it closed
- Close toilet lid
- Display new towels in bathroom
- Remove items from bath and shower – shampoo etc.
- Clean moldy areas in shower and bath and replace caulking if necessary
- Organize cabinets
- Clean mirrors
- Turn on fan and lights
- Repaint if necessary
- Sweep walkways, entrance ways, decks etc.
- Wash windows inside and out
- Use outdoor furniture to highlight deck
- Replace any rotten or worn areas of deck or trim
- Clean and organize
- Mow Lawn
- Prune bushes and make sure that no plants block any of the windows
- Weed yard and flower beds
- Add some flowers for a splash of color
This checklist is important if you want to get full market value for your home.
A well-staged and well-looked after home is an appealing home for any potential buyer.
If you would like any more information about preparing your home for sale, contact me. I would love to help you get your Brea home ready for sale today. I look forward to working with you soon.