Hosting an open house is important when it comes to selling your home. It is estimated that over 20% of houses sold are a result of an open house – that is one in every five homes. As the premier Brea realtor, I would like to share with you, the following tips on how you can host a successful open house.
A key aspect is getting the word out via advertisement. There are numerous avenues that are effective ways of attracting potential buyers to your open house. These include:
- Social media – use Facebook or Twitter to showcase your home.
- Internet listings – in addition to your online profile, place a descriptive add that includes open house dates.
- Word of mouth – allow your real estate agent to network and spread the word. You can also spread the word among your work colleagues and other social circles.
- Visuals – set up signs around your neighborhood that advertise your open house date.
By using a wide range of mediums to promote your open house, you are sure to increase the number of potential buyers that show up.
Get your home prepared for the big day. Besides the basic rules of cleaning and decluttering your home, here are some other tips to get your home ready for an open house.
- Remove vehicles from your driveway. Keep that space open for visitors.
- Open curtains and blinds and turn on all the lights in your house. A well-lit home gives the illusion of larger spaces.
- Place strategic flowers in rooms such as your kitchen and bathroom as well as a table centerpiece to make your home more attractive.
The more striking your home is, the more appealing it will be to a larger group of homebuyers.
Prepare the Papers
A color brochure that highlights some of the key selling features of your home as well as information such as square footage is a great way to keep your home fresh in a prospective buyer’s mind.
You may also want to include information such as home inspection reports, appraisals and even blueprints. This information will give the buyer an in-depth look and answer a wide range of questions that any homebuyer will want to know.
These simple tips will set your open house apart from the others and sell your home faster and at full market value. If you are interested in other open house tips or are thinking about listing your home in the Brea real estate market, please contact me today. I would love to be a part of your sales team and look forward to hearing from you soon.