Brea is such a coveted place to live that selling your home may be easier than you think. It’s one of the most beautiful places to live in California, which is one of the most desirable states in the union.
To get the most from your home there are certain methods that you can use. Here are two quick videos that show you things you can do to increase the selling price of your home, that cost less than the money they make you.
How you present your home, and each individual room is important. Not only will a well-staged home help you with its overall value, it can also generate interest and competition in your home among buyers which will lead to less time on the market.
Here I give a number of money making tips in only 2 minutes.
Watch this Time Lapse video showing our Home Staging services in action (1 min)
If you’re thinking of staging your home yourself, consider these tips:
- Declutter – less is more in any room
- De-personalize each room – potential buyers want to see their belongings in your home, not yours. This also applies to walls
- Clean your house – top to bottom
- A bouquet of flowers on the kitchen counter is a great added touch
- Kitchen is key – remember to declutter and clean counters, shelves and cupboards
Attention to Detail
Once you feel that you have your home staged and de-personalized, it is time to go over all the rooms of the house with a fine-toothed comb. Remember to pay attention to the exterior of your home as well as it will be the first thing that potential buyers see.
These small details will make a huge difference when it comes to your home’s bottom line as well as the length of time your home sits on the market.
Make sure to:
- Repair or replace any broken screens, burnt out lights, cracked flower pots
- Mow your lawn and trim all hedges, shrubs, etc.
- Put up a new shower curtain
- A nice smelling house leaves a good impression
The Right Real Estate Agent
Perhaps the most important piece when it comes to a quick home sale is using the best real estate agent or broker. I function as both broker and agent, so I can assist you in any situation that might arise.
In addition, your real estate agent should have intimate knowledge and understanding of your neighborhood, including prior sales in and around this area. That will help you find a competitive price point.
Finally, an experienced real estate agent will take care of all of the paperwork which will allow you to focus your attention on finding your next home and packing up your belongings without any worries.
Remember, the right real estate agent can help you:
- Price your home competitively
- Find the right clients/prospective buyers for your home
- Network for you
- Help you with the professional staging of your home.
- Give you advice to make your home more attractive to buyers
Selling your home can be a stressful time. By following the above tips and using the right realtor, selling your home will be a breeze. I have an expertise in selling homes in Brea and in Orange County. I have over 25 years of experience and would love to help you sell your home. I look forward to working with you soon!